Attributes of the sacred feminine – and the wounds that correspond with them.
I’m excited to announce here that my course Healing the wounded Sacred Feminine will soon be available for registration, inviting you on an archetypal journey towards experiencing a more radiant, nourishing, creative and heartfelt life, through engaging with this archetype.
In order to develop a sacred relationship with the feminine archetype we need to know the qualities of the Sacred Feminine and how these become distorted when the Sacred Feminine is wounded, as it is for those of us living in Western-influenced and patriarchal cultures; ie, the majority of us on this planet.
Why is it important to understand these sacred energies? Our personal wounds lead to a disconnection from, and a devaluing of, the energies that form a vital part in the wholeness experienced when the feminine and masculine energies are balanced. Our wounds distort our sense of ourselves and our relationships with others and the world, leading to further imbalances.
Our personal wounds have now impacted on the great feminine energies of the planet and we are living in the crisis resulting from this imbalance. Whether you’re ready to embrace this bigger picture or whether you’re wondering how to address the issues disrupting your personal world, these energies matter and our relationship with them transforms and heals them.
Change is a constant in our lives. The course will offer ways to continue to balance these energies the way a boat tacks through currents of water rather than sailing a smooth course on a linear path.
Below is a list 11 attributes of the Sacred Feminine and the wounds we must witness and tend in order to restore balance in in our relationships with our inner and outer worlds. Please note I gender these ‘she’ to connect with the feminine but these occur in all genders when the feminine pole is wounded and out of balance.
- Grounded, embodied and sensual. The wounded feminine is disconnected from, and devalues, the body and sensory experience. She is not at home in the ground of herself or connected to the humbleness of her human experience on earth.
- Empathetic and compassionate. The wounded feminine has lost touch with her natural empathy and compassion, or only feels it for others. She judges herself and others, especially her own vulnerability. Or she may drown in excessive identification with others’ suffering.
- Intuitive, experiencing and being (vs doing). The wounded feminine no longer trusts her embodied and sensory experiencing that gives rise to intuitive wisdom. She is out of tune with natural rhythms, cycles and timing and therefore loses the patience of simply being and letting things unfold.
- Receptive, reflective, open, surrendered, trusting. The wounded feminine either opens herself inappropriately to others, letting herself be further abused by others’ neediness, or she puts up walls to protect her vulnerable heart from being hurt, and therefore barricades herself from living life.
- Flows with life. The wounded feminine loses her natural rhythm and gets lost in the rigidity of duty and limiting beliefs, or becomes chaotically buffeted by the influence of everything around her.
- Expressive, creative. The wounded feminine shuts down her natural creativity or forces it into a product rather than a process, denying its natural expression.
- Nurturing and nourishing. The wounded feminine neglects, abandons, or annihilates expressions of life within herself and around her, including her creative projects.
- Collaborative. The wounded feminine shuts herself off from openhearted connection and walls herself into a power complex between victim and oppressor.
- Authentic. The wounded feminine loses touch with her sense of herself and loses ability to live and direct her own life from her own truth.
- Well boundaried. The wounded feminine, out of touch with her own needs and desires, becomes insecure and needy, externally focused on how to please others rather than setting clear limits that support her vitality and creative living.
- Radiantly alive. The wounded feminine becomes identified with, and often in relationship with, the wounded masculine, which shows up internally or externally as control, aggressive or abusive behaviour, avoidance and withdrawal, unhealthy competition, instability and impulsiveness.
If you want to learn the art and alchemy of transmuting these wounds into their sacred attributes or energies, this is the course that will help you get there.
With you on the journey. – Violet